Tuesday, August 05, 2008


Potty training has been a great success.  If anyone would have told me that halfway through Friday I wouldn't have believed them.  But last night at 9pm I took Laurel to the store to buy her reward for pooping in the potty.  The potty part she had down by Friday night...no problem.  But the poop part was a little harder.  After an accident on Friday and Saturday I wasn't looking forward to Sunday.  But after staying at home all day and not getting dressed...poop never came.  Monday was Daddy's turn, but by the time I came home from work, still no poop.  
Laurel and I played in her room while Daddy was at the store, and all of the sudden she decided she had to go and ran off.  She emerged a few minutes later to come and get me and show me.  In celebration we ran around the house screaming, and then when Daddy came home we showed him.  
That's not to say that she's perfectly trained and we'll have no accidents, but she gets it and that's a great start.


1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

HURRAY LAUREL! YOU ARE BECOMING SUCH A BEAUTIFUL, BIG GIRL.YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF.NOW WE HAVE TO TEACH YOUR COUSIN ALEX TO DO THE SAME THING. I'M SURE GRANDMA AND GRANDPA CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AND GIVE YOU LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES. HUGS TO YOU GIVE LUKE A HUG FROM US TOO. LOVE AUNT SUE