Friday, October 16, 2009


We had a blast at Washington Farms for the second year in a row. The highlight (again) was the corn box. The kids actually didn't do everything this year...the main focus was the corn box, animals, cow train, hayride and the pumpkin patch. We really lucked out, as Laurel picked 3 small pumpkins that came to a whopping total of $1.50...woo hoo! (Luke didn't want any, he just wanted to climb around) The piggy races were a bit of a bust with both kids crying about different things. (I think the pigs initially scared Luke when they ran by. And Laurel wasn't chosen to hold one of the piggy scarves, so of course she was crushed) So after that they were ready to go. Perfect timing I think, we spent enough time to have fun but not so much that we were exhausted.
The next day Laurel and I started (and finished) her mermaid costume. She had full artistic control of the design and fabrics chosen. I really am trying to make an effort not to waste, so we used fabric we already had. She's pleased with the result, and that's all that matters.
On Sunday I had a hankering to make a homemade pumpkin pie...so I split one of the smaller pumkins we had and let the kids go to town scooping out the seeds and goo. I've never made a pumkin pie with fresh pumpkin before, I was shocked at how easy it was to do. And the kids were proud because they helped make it...so that was great.







2 comments:

grandma and grandpa said...

Grandma Schieres was here and loved looking at the pictures.She's anxiously waiting to see everyone at Christmas time.

Grandpa is working at Gram S.'s house today .I know he'll love these pictures also. I was remembering all the fun we had last year with the kids. Sure looks like you had a great time again!Love , All of Us

Corey said...

Aunt Coco saw the pics, too! Love them. Very jealous of the one of your property. And thinks you should keep the cool glass squares for something somewhere in the house.