Monday, May 22, 2006


I guess I should apologize AGAIN for taking so long to post. I thought I would be better at doing them more often, but like everything else (cleaning, dieting, etc) good intentions don't always materialize. But, once again this means we have more to tell.

Since the last post, Laurel can now say "uh-oh." She spent an afternoon in the Target dropping Jon's sunglasses on the floor and looking at him innocently and saying "uh-oh." She can also stand for long periods of time. She isn't venturing in any direction, but she'll stand forever. This proves once again that my kid, so far, is a lot like her father...she gets comfortable and doesn't like change.

I feel like a lot more has happened this week, but now that I'm sitting down to write it, nothing much is coming to mind. She's still sleeps all night. How lucky are we? We went to the doctor this week and found out that she's in the low percentile for height and weight. The doctor wasn't concerned, especially since she looks so healthy. The funny thing is, she seems to have taken it to heart. The same afternoon after we left the doctor she started eating like a champ, and hasn't stopped yet.

The picture is of her eating a tomato-pasta-beef baby food mix. She painted some of it, and mommy painted some of it. (It looked like fun, how could I resist?) Lesson learned however, the orange-red sauce all over her face stained. It's been two days now and there is still an orange tint to her eyebrows.

No comments: