Saturday, May 27, 2006


Today was Jon's birthday. Laurel and I decided to let the "guys" take him out for a beer and some wings. So Laurel and I dressed up like boys and took daddy to Athens for a whole bunch of wings. (I had no idea Laurel would make such a cute boy!) The picture is of Laurel and Jon at the wing place. Jon and I ate more wings then I care to mention, and Laurel ate some cheerios and babyfood. (Actually she ate the off-namebrand cheerios that I lovingly mock Jon by calling cheepios.) Get it? Cheepios...like cheep cheerios...I slay me.

Anyway, after the wings we walked to Big City Bread for dessert. I had only been there once, and didn't realize how far of a walk it would be. I also didn't realize it was going to be over 90 degrees. Yipes. It was hot. By the time we got there we were just happy to be in the air conditioning. I got a white cake filled with blueberries and lemon curd with a cream cheese frosting and Jon got a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse on the inside and covered in chocolate ganache. They were great. They were so rich we couldn't even finish them. (Ok, that's a partial lie. Jon couldn't finish his, I totally finished mine)

After walking back we were so drained from the heat and the huge amount of food we consumed we pretty much just hung out for the rest of the day. Hooray for lazy Saturday afternoons. (And hooray for Dish Network for having hour after hour of mind numbing movies!)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Your little gal gets cuter and cuter by the day (whether she's dressed as a boy OR a girl). Megan, I love reading your writing; you're too funny! Cheepios! Ha! You don't mind if I use that, do you (that's the cereal of choice at my mom and dad's house)? Anyway, Happy Birthday, Jon! Glad you guys had a good day.

Kris

Whitney Hand said...

First of all, you HAD to know that cheepios was going to make me laugh :) Your 'son' is almost as cute as your daughter! Glad you got to take Jon to BCB and glad you enjoyed it. Wish you'd told me your plans, I would've told you not to walk. I totally raised my eyebrows in shock when I first read "we walked"!
Whit