Monday, July 31, 2006


Today's blog is not for the faint of heart. But still, I thought this picture and this event needed to be recognized. (If only to show how gross...and funny parenthood can be)

So, a few days ago Jon and I were playing with Laurel on the floor of her room. Being the regular little scamp that she is, I realized it was about that time in the day for a dirty diaper. Now, bear in mind I didn't smell anything, so while it should have been dirty, I didn't really think it was. So without hesitation I reach to grab the back of her diaper and take a little peak. But when I did, I realized my finger sank into something warm and squishy. And when I pulled my finger back out..."warm and squishy" stayed on board.

Being the calm and rational person I am, you would have thought my first inclination would have been to go wash my hands. Instead, I ran and grabbed the digital camera so that I could savor this mommy-baby moment in time forever.

1 comment:

Whitney Hand said...

Um, yeah. When I said I hoped you had something new to share, this was not what I had hoped for. Luckily, you have a cute baby who distracts viewers from the intended subject of the picture.