Saturday, September 20, 2008





The weather has been so nice here (unseasonably of course) so we've been trying to take advantage. We've been taking more walks in the evening, and we've really been wanting to do some hiking. Since we've never hiked with Luke before I thought I ought to try it somewhere near home first. So after some other errands this morning we set out for the Yellow River Park, which is a lovely park about 20 minutes away that has paved and non-paved trails for walking, mountain biking and horse back riding. (Lucky for us the equestrian trails are separate...no horse poop for us!)
I put Lukers in the back pack and Laurel and I headed out to find leaves, acorns and Bambi. (No, not just deer, we were looking for Bambi himself) The trip started out interestingly enough because she had to potty right when we got there. (No bathrooms yet, but the cinder block frame of the bathroom-to-be taunted me) So I taught Laurel how to do the lady-potty-squat. I know you female campers out there know this one. I think the exact body position differs slightly from woman to woman, but once you learn how to do it you never forget. Unfortunately, the position wasn't right and Laurel ended up wetting the entire back of her pants. But as prepared as I always am...stop laughing everyone...I somehow had a pair of Nemo PJ pants in the car. This explains the odd outfit my daughter is wearing, she looked much more put together before I set her pants up as a potty-target. But, if her pants were the target, Laurel really hit the bulls-eye. There is something to be said about that, if you're going to pee on yourself you might as well do it right!

No comments: