Tuesday, April 25, 2006


I'm sitting here writing at the end of a very long day. It's one of those days when you're so tired you just can't sleep. It's also been one of those days that makes you realize why you became a parent in the first place. I probably took a couple dozen pictures today. Pictures of her eating yogurt (I had to post one), pictures of her taking a bath in the sink playing with her rubby duckies. It was a good day. We've had some questionable ones of late. Between her stomach virus, cough and teething we've had a couple of days where she'd scream and scream and there was nothing we could do to fix it. That's a first for me. Nursing fixes EVERYTHING. (At least it used to.) Now I have to learn to be a little more creative.

But...as I said, today was not one of those bad days. It was great. Laurel smiled and played, she's learning to balance on her own two feet and eat more and more variety of foods. I've gotten over the hump of being sad that she's growing up. Now I can't wait to see what's next.

No comments: