Friday, April 21, 2006


In the past month we've seen Laurel go from not being able to sit on her own, to being able to sit up and play without any support. In the past week she's learned to wave, and clap, and put the balls of her toy into the proper holes. To see a day-by-day transition the way you can at this age is incredible. Jon told me that she could put the balls into her toy, but until I saw it last night for myself, I guess I really didn't believe it. After she amazed me with that, I took two balls and clanged them together. She then picked up a second ball and did it herself. Then she and I, each with a ball in hand started clanging ours into eachothers. It was like comedy night. We both laughed and laughed at the punchline of our own personal joke.

The simple pleasures of parenthood.

No comments: