Monday, July 21, 2008


Big happenings in our house this week. We took Laurel and Luke bowling on Sunday. And learned that one game of bowling is plenty for a 2 year old. (Though as she will proudly tell you she's "Laurel Dorman 2 years old, be three in August") Bowling was a lot of fun. Not only did we use the bumpers (best score I ever got), when Laurel got tired of pushing the ball down the lane there is a ramp they can use. I just have to aim it, load the ball and she can walk up and push. When she got tired of it by the second game I let Luke push it. (It's that easy) Luke sat propped in his chair for most of the first game. Every time Laurel bowled and knocked over pins she would jump and hoot and holler and offer up high fives. On the rare occasion that the bowling ball still managed to miss the pins despite the bumper she would smack her head and say "oh man." But every time she cheered, Luke would smile and laugh and bounce.
After bowling we went the church. Odd combo I know, but that's what we did. Anyway, during church Luke was sucking on my hand and I realized it was a little scratchy. So I popped his little chin down and to my extreme surprise, he had two bottom teeth! Not swollen gums where teeth were coming in, actual teeth. I couldn't believe it. No more gum-only smiles, my baby is growing up.
Lastly, we've decided to make a push for potty training. On Thursday we're having a no-more-diapers party. Complete with diapers for party hats and special cake with some kind of diaper decoration. (Haven't quite figured that one out yet, I was thinking maybe fruit roll ups tied up like diapers? I'm open to suggestions) And we'll begin the actual potty training on Friday morning. So wish us luck. I'll post pictures of the festivities later.

1 comment:

grandma and grandpa said...

O my goodness Laurel is such a big girl. First she went bowling which sounded like lots of fun, she also fed her baby brother, Luke. Now she's going to have a no -more diaper party! Grandma and grandpa wish we were there for the big party.

Luke is growing up too. He now has two teeth. Better watch out everyone, now he can chomp down on lots of things! Bet he looks really cute though.
Lots of love everyone,
Grandma and grandpa