Friday, July 25, 2008




So no potty training yet. We had to push it back to next week. Grandpa and Grandma went on an impromptu trip to NYC to visit Erik (and have a nice romantic getaway I hope). So the rest of the Thurmond clan was at our house this weekend.
The weekend went by pretty fast. We went and saw the 3D Journey to the Center of the Earth, we played Tennis, we swam, we had Guitar Hero and Wii tournaments. I'm not sure I've ever done so much playing, but it was fun. (And I'm now I need a vacation)
As for potty training, I think the plan is to have the party Wednesday and start Thursday, but it really depends on Jon's schedule. (he's been really busy lately, so it's hard to work around) We need a couple of days of mostly uninterrupted time so that we can just be at home and potty train. I didn't think it would be that hard to find that time, but so far it has.
(We did have the party, here are the pictures)

1 comment:

grandma and grandpa said...

Hi Laurel,
It looks like you had a great " no-more-diaper-party." Grandma and grandpa have the same potty chair that you have.It will be so nice not to have to wear a yucky diaper anymore! You will be so proud of yourself.What a big girl you are now. When we come to visit you, you can tell me when you have to go potty. We can't wait to see you, Luke, Mommy and Daddy! We'll see you soon!
Love,
Grandma,Grandpa and Grandma Schieres